Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhishek
Channel Surfer

Memory Leak Tool

Is there any tool available to find out the memory leaks in the Roku Scene Graph application?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HEMANJAYAM
Reel Rookie

Re: Memory Leak Tool

No, you need to use 8080 port to debug and find. But for CPU usage there is one https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/BrightScript+Profiler
0 Kudos
norcaljohnny
Roku Guru

I would think that since screens are created and closed, there would be little to no effect in that regards. Normally that takes place on server side... scripts not being called to close or exit and for that you should be able to notice differences in performance fairly easily and there are many tools for . If you are using PHP scripting I would just make sure to clean and exit or sanitize any scripts once they have been called. 

"No, you need to use 8080"

I believe you mean using command line via 'telnet <your ROKU ip> 8085'
Cheers.
0 Kudos
edfernands

Hi, I am using the "sgnodes roots" and "free" command on telnet [ROKU_IP]:8080 to understand if the nodes are really being destroyed as it must. However I started working with a code that is a little bit messy and for what I see it has memory leak issues, there are some views/screens that are removed but somewhere in the code something is holding references for this objects. I've tried to use the bsc in 8085 but it does not help. So what I want is to have a way to know what variables or fields are holding specific node listed on "sgnodes roots". BSProfiler is a good tool but for this I am not sure if it will help, at least for now.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos