Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghugheyjr
Visitor

Mediaportal channel developement request

I am very interested in developing a channel for the Mediaportal media center. the Mediaportal media center found at http://www.team-mediaportal.com/. this media center has the ability to perform as Windows Media Center and capture OTA broadcast TV. I have a tuner card and would love to get the OTA channels broadcast to all of the Rokus in my home. I figured the best way to do this is to create or have created a channel for Mediaportal on the Roku. I am having difficulty even getting started as Mediaportal can play both my content saved on my local computer and the live broadcast media. I love the interface Mediaportal uses and would love an almost near replica to appear on my TV when I activate the Mediaportal Roku channel (once it is developed).

Can any of you experienced developers help a newbie out here with this development? I would be very willing to post a bounty for the help or creation of this channel. I am sure the creation of this channel should be very easy and I am making it much more difficult than it needs to be. thanks so much.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Rontec
Visitor

Re: Mediaportal channel developement request

This is a topic that I have done some previous research on.
There is another open source PVR, nPVR, that already has a Roku channel: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=37526
However, it does not support any live streaming; that would involve additional components such as a real time encoder and streaming server.
0 Kudos
ghugheyjr
Visitor

Re: Mediaportal channel developement request

Thank you for your reply. Yes, it would involve an active encoder and such. I am unable to perform such a task. I was told Plex might do what I desire but I do not think it will do live streams.
0 Kudos