Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdoty
Streaming Star

Marmalade approval?

What is the typical turn around time for Marmalade approval and access?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Marmalade approval?

As with any submitted channel, our official timeframe is about two weeks, if everything is working properly. Since channels are rarely submitted with everything working properly, there are usually multiple cycles back and forth to the developers before the channel is actually published, so realistic could be 30 days, or more, depending on how fast you fix any issues.

- Joel
0 Kudos
cdoty
Streaming Star

"RokuJoel" wrote:
As with any submitted channel, our official timeframe is about two weeks, if everything is working properly. Since channels are rarely submitted with everything working properly, there are usually multiple cycles back and forth to the developers before the channel is actually published, so realistic could be 30 days, or more, depending on how fast you fix any issues.

I was actually talking about the approval needed to start using a Roku player for Marmalade development.

Sorry about the confusion.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

You have to wait for the next firmware update - keys are only updated with each firmware release. Theoretically, it should become dynamic and no longer need that, in the near future.

- Joel
0 Kudos

Joel,

Is there an update on this? I've just submitted my Marmalade Dev Agreement and want to know when I can expect to have my Roku Player authorized. Do I still have to wait for the next firmware update? If so, can you indicate when that may be?

Cheers,

Ace
0 Kudos