Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
athi_joy
Streaming Star

Markupgrid item spacing issue

Hi All,

I am trying to create a top menu tab using a markup grid. I am facing a problem with space between items.

top tabs are included All Movies Originals, Live Tv More and Plan. The space between All to Movies, movies to Originals .. is different. i want the space between each item to be constant. How can I solve this difference?

<MarkupGrid id = "topMenuTab" visible="true" translation="[302,70]" itemComponentName = "TopMenuItemTemplateCategory" numColumns ="6" itemSpacing="[20,20]"rowHeights="[32]" numRows="1" itemSize ="[100,32]" drawFocusFeedback ="false" />

in TopMenuItemTemplateCategory.xml  I'm displaying only label content

<Label
id="catName"
height="32"
visible="false"
color="#ffffff"/>

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
dan19
Binge Watcher

Re: Markupgrid item spacing issue

Are you intending to have those topMenus as buttons(not with the Roku default button)?

0 Kudos
athi_joy
Streaming Star

yes

0 Kudos
dan19
Binge Watcher

I think you should consider making a custom button and using them in a LayoutGroup. Did you consider this step yet? 

I am new to Roku dev, but I am currently using a custom button in a practice project that I am working on. If you need help with this, let me know, else, I don't know how to use a markupGrid as a button.

0 Kudos