Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YungBlood
Streaming Star

Lost Focus after screensaver

I thought I saw something about this, but I can't seem to find it.

My app loses focus after the screen saver activates. If I remember correctly, after pressing a key, my app screen does show up. However, I'm unable to control my app. The only thing I can do is press the home key, and exit all the way out.

If it makes any difference, I have a posterboard screen, which goes to a springboard screen, which goes to an imagecanvas...

-Kevin
YungBlood

Bringing more fun to Roku!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Lost Focus after screensaver

Here's the original thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30906

My issue ended up being that I had an "roOneLineDialog" with ShowBusyAnimation() open earlier in the stack, and apparently it was capturing focus (without repainting) after exiting the screensaver. If you have any dialogs with ShowBusyAnimation() enabled, you'll want to make sure you close and kill the reference before painting a new screen on top of them.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
YungBlood
Streaming Star

Re: Lost Focus after screensaver

Thank You!!!!!

That was exactly my problem!
-Kevin
YungBlood

Bringing more fun to Roku!
0 Kudos