Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RadSurfer
Visitor

Locked Forums

I am posting this here because for some reason I find a "Locked" status on General Discussion for some reason;
so why can I post to Developer Forum?

I did discover that Netgears NeoTV Max has a wonderful Twitter Application that allows me to log into my Twitter
account, and display messages, and post replies (using a nice mini-keyboard no less)!

I hope someone reading this would please consider making a decent Twitter Application for Roku 2 that also
automatically updates (looks for new messages) at least once every 1 - 5 minutes, and replying/sending messages would
be a nice option but not vital.

Just being able to read latest Twitters would be great; and checks for new messages.

Thanks all.

PS: Why do I find General Discussion LOCKED but can post in Developer?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Locked Forums

You can't tweet from it, but for just displaying tweets, you might give this a try viewtopic.php?f=28&t=30279
0 Kudos
DerekHelps
Visitor

"RadSurfer" wrote:
I am posting this here because for some reason I find a "Locked" status on General Discussion for some reason;
so why can I post to Developer Forum?

I did discover that Netgears NeoTV Max has a wonderful Twitter Application that allows me to log into my Twitter
account, and display messages, and post replies (using a nice mini-keyboard no less)!

I hope someone reading this would please consider making a decent Twitter Application for Roku 2 that also
automatically updates (looks for new messages) at least once every 1 - 5 minutes, and replying/sending messages would
be a nice option but not vital.

Just being able to read latest Twitters would be great; and checks for new messages.

Thanks all.

PS: Why do I find General Discussion LOCKED but can post in Developer?

Are you needing help with regards to a BrightSign product? the BrightSign forums have moved to:

http://support.brightsign.biz/categorie ... 772-forums
Netgear WNR2000v2
Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT Firmware acting as Client Bridge
Soundbridge M2000/M500/R1000
Roku 2 XS 3100
-------------------------------------------------
It's all in the <sup>details</sup>
0 Kudos
RadSurfer
Visitor

I've heard about viewtopic.php?f=28&t=30279 Twitter Screensaver, but thought it had issues reported,
and already have 138 items installed. 🙂

What NoWhereMan's Twitter Applet does is display "Friends' Tweets' as a single message per screen,
and appears to just wrap-around...
In fact appears you have to press UP CURSOR, wait for it to exit back to main Twitter Applet screen,
press ENTER, and *then* it retrieves NEW messages. There must be a more practical way.

NeoTV Max lists 4 - 5 messages at once, which is what I really liked about it (but doesn't appear to auto-update either).

I don't know if NoWhere is still working on this Twitter applet, but unless either of these applet's retrieves
NEW messages automatically, I really do not see the point! I just want to be able to glance up and read
WHAT IS CURRENTLY being posted, and watch it scroll as the day goes on. Is that too much to ask for?

So if anyone out there is interested in a proper, robust Twitter Application, I feel there would be demand for it,
if it were designed properly! I'd be glad to be a beta-tester for anyone wanting to put something together!
You can reach me at RadSurfer.at.yahoo.dot.com

Thanks & Merry Christmas.

PS: Why is "General Discussion" LOCKED to me, yet I can post in here?
0 Kudos
DerekHelps
Visitor

"RadSurfer" wrote:

PS: Why is "General Discussion" LOCKED to me, yet I can post in here?

There are two multiple "General Discussion" forums, the one that is locked is specific to BrightSign Issue as those forums have been moved to a different site.

Is this one also locked to you:
viewforum.php?f=28
(Roku Streaming Player General Discussion)
Netgear WNR2000v2
Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT Firmware acting as Client Bridge
Soundbridge M2000/M500/R1000
Roku 2 XS 3100
-------------------------------------------------
It's all in the <sup>details</sup>
0 Kudos