Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jseigle85
Visitor

Live stream load slow

I am using the custom video player in the sdk. I am streaming live content from my wowza media server. I have the encoding correctly but I am having problems with the load time. If I select the custom video player icon on the Roku menu it will start at 6% wait for 10 second than 13% 20second after it will go to 20% and so on. In all it take about 1 minute before it complete the loading process then it plays the stream. I streaming with wowza media server and I have 1 TB bandwidth upload and download speed.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: Live stream load slow

How much of the stream is available in the m3u8 when you start playing? It sounds like you might have only a few segments in the m3u8 when you start playing, and the Roku player is waiting for more segments to appear before it starts.

--Mark
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: Live stream load slow

If the actual bitrate of your stream is less than 1.5 Mbps, you should not set the StreamBitrates content meta data parameter to [0]. Instead, set it to the actual bitrate of your stream..... For example, if your stream is 800 kbps, you should set the StreamBitrates content meta data parameter to [800].

--Kevin
0 Kudos