Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkashi73
Visitor

Issues loading from XML

Hello, New developer here not sure if this has been addressed before but I couldn't find anything on it. 

I downloaded the "Simple_Grid_and_Video" sample code that had a default sample feed on it. Obviously I need to change that feed to retrieve my content but everytime I change the feed from the default to anything else, all I get is a Loading... with the spinner. Even when I don't even change anything about the code and upload the default file right to my server, it still doesn't work. I haven't made any changes to the sample code just simply changing the url feed. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

For references I will place the debug console message below. 
Current Function:
058:  Function GetApiArray()
059:      url = CreateObject("roUrlTransfer")
060:      url.SetUrl("http://iranmovie.byethost4.com/media.rss")
061:      rsp = url.GetToString()
062:  
063:      responseXML = ParseXML(rsp)
064:*     responseXML = responseXML.GetChildElements()
065:      responseArray = responseXML.GetChildElements()
066:  
067:      result = []
068:  
'Dot' Operator attempted with invalid BrightScript Component or interface reference. (runtime error &hec) in pkg:/source/main.brs(64)
064:     responseXML = responseXML.GetChildElements()
Backtrace:
#1  Function getapiarray() As Dynamic
   file/line: pkg:/source/main.brs(64)
#0  Function runuserinterface() As Void
   file/line: pkg:/source/main.brs(10)
Local Variables:
global           rotINTERFACE:ifGlobal
m                roAssociativeArray refcnt=3 count:0
url              bsc:roUrlTransfer refcnt=1
rsp              roString (2.1 was String) refcnt=1 val:"<html><body><script type="text/javascript" src="/aes.js" ></script><script>function toNumbers("...
responsexml      Invalid
responsearray    <uninitialized>
result           <uninitialized>
xmlitem          <uninitialized>
itemaa           <uninitialized>
item             <uninitialized>
mediacontent     <uninitialized>
mediacontentitem <uninitialized>
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Issues loading from XML

Brightscript Debugger> url = CreateObject("roUrlTransfer")
Brightscript Debugger> url.SetUrl("http://iranmovie.byethost4.com/media.rss")
Brightscript Debugger> rsp = url.GetToString()
Brightscript Debugger> ? rsp
<html><body><script type="text/javascript" src="/aes.js" ></script><script>function toNumbers(d){var e=[];d.replace(/(..)/g,function(d){e.push(parseInt(d,16))});return e}function toHex(){for(var d=[],d=1==arguments.length&&arguments[0].constructor==Array?arguments[0]:arguments,e="",f=0;f<d.length;f++)e+=(16>d[f]?"0":"")+d[f].toString(16);return e.toLowerCase()}var a=toNumbers("f655ba9d09a112d4968c63579db590b4"),b=toNumbers("98344c2eee86c3994890592585b49f80"),c=toNumbers("7e9d1ade67c760d928698ef6dcb2fc8c");document.cookie="__test="+toHex(slowAES.decrypt(c,2,a,b))+"; expires=Thu, 31-Dec-37 23:55:55 GMT; path=/"; location.href="http://iranmovie.byethost4.com/media.rss?i=1";</script><noscript>This site requires Javascript to work, please enable Javascript in your browser or use a browser with Javascript support</noscript></body></html>

your host does some funky javascript redirect junk and while that loads in a web browser, it ain't gonna fly with non-browser agents.
0 Kudos