Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeet1224
Channel Surfer

Is it possible to keep the source code in one location and target many replications in Roku SG ?

I have a many applications with different assets like font, image and color etc. but source code are same.

For example: I have 5 or more than 5 different Roku SG application but the all application has same code with different assets like(image, color, font and etc.)    
I want to place the code section at specific location and all application access this code from this location.

Is it possible in Roku scene graph?

If yes then please provide me example or URL.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
taylorcw
Binge Watcher

Re: Manage many project in single project with same scene graph code and different resources

While your description is a little unclear, with scene graph you are able to share resources across different components. 

For example, say you have a foobar.xml and you want to share fonts.brs across components. You can pull in fonts.brs and all components using this can share the same functions, subs, fonts, etc.

<component name = "foo" extends = "Group">
    <script type="text/brightscript" uri="pkg:/components/foobar/foobar.brs"/>
    <script type="text/brightscript" uri="pkg:/components/Common/fonts.brs" />
</component>
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Re: Manage many project in single project with same scene graph code and different resources

Seems he means 5 separate apps with (about?) the same source and only difference in resources.
I'd think how best to arrange that depends on the source control system used (git, svn, cvs...)
0 Kudos
jeet1224
Channel Surfer

For Example: I have 5 different Roku sg application but the all application has same code with different resources like(image, color, font and etc.)
I want to place the code section at specific location and all application access this code from this location.
I want to manage application like Xcode of "APPLE" in Roku sg.

taylorcw:While your description is a little unclear, with scene graph you are able to share resources across different components. 

For example, say you have a foobar.xml and you want to share fonts.brs across components. You can pull in fonts.brs and all components using this can share the same functions, subs, fonts, etc.

<component name = "foo" extends = "Group">
    <script type="text/brightscript" uri="pkg:/components/foobar/foobar.brs"/>
    <script type="text/brightscript" uri="pkg:/components/Common/fonts.brs" />
</component>
0 Kudos