Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liewbob
Streaming Star

Is anyone developing a way to see everything you've "Followed On ROKU"

I'm not a developer but  I was wondering if there's a way to use the ROKU API to create a list of everything I've "Followed On ROKU" (including shows & movies not currently available on ROKU).
Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
norcaljohnny
Roku Guru

Re: Is anyone developing a way to see everything you've "Followed On ROKU"

I am not sure if I understand correctly but if I somewhat understand it correctly. There are usually 2 ways in dealing with this.
1) Server side where a user has an account, is logged in and retrieves that data from the database.
2) Use cookies to mark something as followed, watched, add to playlist, likes etc.. in which all these would work with option one as well.

I have seen more and more places use cookies since users want interaction but not to always sign up.
0 Kudos
liewbob
Streaming Star

Re: Is anyone developing a way to see everything you've "Followed On ROKU"

To explain further: Users can follow movies, shows (or seasons or episodes thereof) on ROKU.
I know ALL of these are stored in ROKU's database But only the ones whose status has changed show up in "My List".
I know this because I've searched for Movies & shows that are not in my list, only to find I've already followed them. - but they may not be currently available on ROKU OR none of the major channels has changed their status recently (Available to buy, rent, for free etc.)
I'd like to be able to pull up EVERYTHING I've followed.
0 Kudos