Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Re: Is HLS broken on Roku 2?

i have code to grab the feed from veetle if anyone wants it or play with it...
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

@dynamitemedia

I would be interested, send it my way.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

sure let me dig it up....

actually it wasn't brighscript though it was in PHP and just made a xml feed. i was having issues with it getting the thumbnail and video link correctly so gave up on it.

let me look for it and zip it up and send to you.
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos

Just wanted to chip in -

I've tried using my new Roku 2 XD on the following local media streaming solutions that are using HLS in their channels:

Gabby Beta
My Media
Plex
roConnect

and all of them have the identical symptom of beginning to stream for a split second and then returning back to the play selection screen.

Thanks
0 Kudos
tomj74
Visitor

+1

Very disappointing, trying to stream home vids of my kids to my new roku 2 xd with plex or chaneru, nothing works! Was very excited about Roku, now I'll be stuck waiting for a firmware update for who knows how long.

I wonder if I can exchange the unit for a roku v1?
0 Kudos
mrsalive
Visitor

You can still get the older Roku on Amazon. I got the Roku 2 for the sole purpose of using Plex on my tv, only to take delivery and find out that it doesn't work. Needless to say, MAJOR bummed. Might return my Roku 2 for an older model, but I really, really don't want to. I'm hoping this is a simple fix and the Roku folks make it happen quickly.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

I don't think you can exchange it for a Roku 1. However, you can trade whatever your current car is for a 1971 Ford Pinto with 900,000 miles on it, a blown engine, and they'll even throw in four flat tires at no extra cost.
I'm sure they'll fix the Roku 2 soon, since it already got its first firmware update.
0 Kudos
SolveLLC
Visitor

Here is an example of a HLS stream that played on the Roku1 2.9 and does not play on the Roku2 (hangs at 33% forever).

http://77.67.108.150/213.254.245.162/4e ... tream.m3u8
0 Kudos
mrsalive
Visitor

"destruk" wrote:
I don't think you can exchange it for a Roku 1. However, you can trade whatever your current car is for a 1971 Ford Pinto with 900,000 miles on it, a blown engine, and they'll even throw in four flat tires at no extra cost.
I'm sure they'll fix the Roku 2 soon, since it already got its first firmware update.

RDRR

I can return it and get an older model from Amazon. I don't think I'm going to, though. I did order an older one from Amazon. I'm going to stick that in the living room for now so I can Plex it up, and the Roku 2 will hang out in the bedroom where Netflix alone will suffice for the time being. If they fix it within 30 days, the XDS will go back to Amazon.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

"SolveLLC" wrote:
Here is an example of a HLS stream that played on the Roku1 2.9 and does not play on the Roku2 (hangs at 33% forever).

http://77.67.108.150/213.254.245.162/4e ... tream.m3u8

There should be commas at the end of your EXTINF lines if you don't have the optional title. MarkN and I had a discussion about this when 3.0 came out and I agreed with him that according to the spec the title is optional, but the comma is not. That m3u8 won't work on 3.0 either.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos