Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: Is AsyncGetToFile truly Async if you have to wait on a p

"EnTerr" wrote:
You are right but on a technicality only - one won't run into a language that is exactly Smiley LOL "as horrible" as B/S.

Smiley LOL
Oh gawd, I'm working an info booth right now but I couldn't help a little nerdy lol at that one :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, I'm reading this thread with interest because I need to learn more about this process and how it really works myself. So thanks for the answer and explanations 🙂
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"Travonisoft" wrote:
So if this is the case, and I have 30+ images to load would you recommend having a pool of roURLRequestTransfer objects that I create and then alloc use for one for each image needed whenever I need?

If they all need to be downloaded asynchronously, then you'd either need to create a separate request for each, or create a block of 5-10 that you re-use after the previous transfer completes.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"EnTerr" wrote:
You are right but on a technicality only - one won't run into a language that is exactly Smiley LOL "as horrible" as B/S. You'd find some languages that are less horrible yet many that are more horrible. Looking for exact match in "horribleness" is like comparing float/doubles for == equality. Somewhat more seriously, B/S i pretty decent language, i would's cluster it somewhere with Perl and Tcl. And as subjective opinions go, i'd say Java the Hutt is much more horrible

I just looked and there doesn't seem to be Wikipedia page for the VS.H.Q*. There's some homework for you EnTerr.

* Von Schhtupp Horribleness Quotent
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos