Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Komag
Level 9

Re: Is AsyncGetToFile truly Async if you have to wait on a p

"EnTerr" wrote:
You are right but on a technicality only - one won't run into a language that is exactly Smiley LOL "as horrible" as B/S.

Smiley LOL
Oh gawd, I'm working an info booth right now but I couldn't help a little nerdy lol at that one :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, I'm reading this thread with interest because I need to learn more about this process and how it really works myself. So thanks for the answer and explanations Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Level 7

"Travonisoft" wrote:
So if this is the case, and I have 30+ images to load would you recommend having a pool of roURLRequestTransfer objects that I create and then alloc use for one for each image needed whenever I need?

If they all need to be downloaded asynchronously, then you'd either need to create a separate request for each, or create a block of 5-10 that you re-use after the previous transfer completes.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Level 9

"EnTerr" wrote:
You are right but on a technicality only - one won't run into a language that is exactly Smiley LOL "as horrible" as B/S. You'd find some languages that are less horrible yet many that are more horrible. Looking for exact match in "horribleness" is like comparing float/doubles for == equality. Somewhat more seriously, B/S i pretty decent language, i would's cluster it somewhere with Perl and Tcl. And as subjective opinions go, i'd say Java the Hutt is much more horrible

I just looked and there doesn't seem to be Wikipedia page for the VS.H.Q*. There's some homework for you EnTerr.

* Von Schhtupp Horribleness Quotent
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos