Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Twisha
Channel Surfer

Invalid public key:error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line: iostream error

Hi there

While I'm trying to run some example project created using brightscript on my Roku Streaming stick, When I click on inspect under utilities, I'm uploading package and entering same password as my roku developer mode. but I'm getting error when I click on inspect or any other option. inspect_error.pngAlso when I try to see View Registry from vscode. it shows following error.
registration_error.png
I'm unable to access any option on utilities even after uploading package and entering password.

If anyone can help/ suggest and solution that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Invalid public key:error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line: iostream error

"Package Utilities" apply to signed packages (i.e., .pkg files).  If you're trying to "inspect" a zip file, it's not going to work.  I see the "no dev key" note in the upper right corner of your screenshot.  I suspect once you run "genkey" you'll be able to use the "Screenshot" utility and you must run it before you can create a .pkg file of your own.

Packaging Roku channels | Roku Developer

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Twisha
Channel Surfer

Re: Invalid public key:error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line: iostream error

Thank you for your response. I now understand how to create a password and Developer ID, and I realize that generating these allows me to take screenshots. However, I'm still unclear about how to inspect my app using a ZIP file or how to debug it. Is there a way to view console logs? I'm having trouble determining if there are any errors because I can't see them.

Any guidance you can provide on this would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.inspect_error.png.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You don't inspect a zip file.  Telnet to port 8085 to view the debug console.

https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/debugging/debugging-channels.md

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Twisha
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your response. I can see the logs now in telnet terminal window on port 8085.

0 Kudos