Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorcykey
Visitor

Integrating In-App Purchases for Other Companies

Hello,

I'm new to creating apps with In App Purchases and have a 2-part question:

1) I'm attempting my first test with my own developer account. I've begun creating a channel based on the sample app in the documentation and also have enrolled in Roku Billing Services. However, my dev account has had a status of "Roku Billing Initiated" for a few days. How long can I expect this to take? I saw some other threads on the forum saying they've had this for a few months and needed to post on the forums to get it resolved.

I'm under a somewhat tight deadline here, so any advice on getting this first step resolve as quickly as possible would be appreciated.

2) Looking ahead to the future a bit, I'm going to need to update an existing app that is already out there to include In App Purchases.

What information should I ask that company to get ready in their channel:

• Set-up a PayPal Account (was this the only option for receiving payments?)

• Enroll in Billing Services

• Will they be able to add their In-Channel Products through the UI without affecting their live app? (their app's BrightScript doesn't currently include any use of roChannelStore)

• Is there any other information I should consider?
Thanks so much for any and all advice.
-Mikey
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Integrating In-App Purchases for Other Companies

"Motorcykey" wrote:
1) I'm attempting my first test with my own developer account. I've begun creating a channel based on the sample app in the documentation and also have enrolled in Roku Billing Services. However, my dev account has had a status of "Roku Billing Initiated" for a few days. How long can I expect this to take? I saw some other threads on the forum saying they've had this for a few months and needed to post on the forums to get it resolved.

Years ago when i did it, there was paperwork sent via email to me when i clicked on the link to enroll. Have you received, signed and returned these yet?
0 Kudos
Motorcykey
Visitor

Thanks for the reply! I've only clicked "Enroll" and signed into my Paypal account. I saw a mention of a W-9, so I'm assuming the paperwork you're referring to is meant to get me set up with this?

This is too bad since the address I had on my account is the main address of my company HQ and I work out of a different location, so I most likely won't receive that paperwork.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"Motorcykey" wrote:
This is too bad since the address I had on my account is the main address of my company HQ and I work out of a different location, so I most likely won't receive that paperwork.

Via email, not snail-mail. Use the Email, Luke!  🙂
0 Kudos
Motorcykey
Visitor

Ah! Must have read that wrong. Perfect then! Thanks!
0 Kudos