Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
belltown
Roku Guru

Insufficient Storage???

On my Roku 1 (3.1/b1017) I tried updating one of my private channels (not yet published) so I can test it. Now every time I go into the Channel Store then exit I get the "Insufficient Storage" message. I know for a fact that the updated version of the channel is much smaller than the previous version (266K vs. 391K, as I've replaced most of my .png files with .jpg files to save space). I've also deleted the development version of the Channel, and four other channels that I don't use very often. Even when I go into the Channel Store and delete the Channel I'm trying to add, I still get the "Insufficient Storage" message, even though I'm no longer trying to add the channel any more. I've tried re-booting my Roku and still get the same result. I was getting these kinds of errors last year although not recently. I seem to remember the Channel Store updating system had had some problems in the past and had been updated.

I also made sure I updated the manifest file (new major version, minor version and build number), and made sure the channel . zip file I uploaded was packaged correctly.

Any idea how I can update my channel?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Insufficient Storage???

That message usually means you need to repackage and re-upload your channel, because somehow in the process of packaging or upload, the package has become corrupt. Or, you have so many channels on your device that it is actually out of space.

- Joel
0 Kudos
frank2236
Visitor

same problem today Sunday September 29 2013

Do I have to buy my third box to solve this
or maybe an apple will do
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Yes, buy more Rokus! Excellent idea. When you register/link them, be sure it's on a different account so you can add more private channels to it.
0 Kudos