Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arthy74
Visitor

Instant Replay feature

Hello guys,

I am trying to fix our custom player as the Instant Replay is now a requirement for certification.

I am doing the following from our custom player:

m.video.globalCaptionMode = "Instant replay"
m.video.control = "replay"

When setting the control to "replay" the video correctly rewind 20 seconds from current position, but the subtitles do not appear.

The expected result would be the video to rewind 20 seconds, and display the captions for 20 seconds.

NB: was tested on a Roku 3 4200X1

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Arthy74
Visitor

Re: Instant Replay feature

There seems to be a bug on the Video node.

When the focus is handled in my video control nodes and i send commands to the Video node as above, video rewind without subtitles.

But when the video Node has focus and handle the Instant Replay button by itself, it works.

It is like the Video Node is the only one entity to be able to make this feature works...

Feedback from roku tech team would be appreciated...
0 Kudos
Arthy74
Visitor

I made a small prototype to expose the issue.

Here is the zip you can install on your roku:
http://www.lecrabe.net/exchange/roku/testInstantReplaySources.zip

This example:

• set the captions to Instant Replay

• plays a HLS stream with subtitles

• you can switch the focus between the Video node and a custom control bar.

Start the app, and press the Instant Replay button on the remote control in both cases.

You should notice the difference:

• when the replay button is pressed while the Video node is focused, subtitles are correctly displayed for 20 seconds.

• when focus is on something else and you manually and trigger the "replay" action on the Video controls property, the video rewinds without subtitles.
0 Kudos
ChrisDP
Visitor

"Arthy74" wrote:
There seems to be a bug on the Video node.

When the focus is handled in my video control nodes and i send commands to the Video node as above, video rewind without subtitles.

But when the video Node has focus and handle the Instant Replay button by itself, it works.

It is like the Video Node is the only one entity to be able to make this feature works...

Feedback from roku tech team would be appreciated...

Hey! We ran into this same problem. From our testing the player.control = "replay" works correctly if you also set player.enableUI = false .
If we did not set the enableUI field to false the player assumes it should handle the event internally and appears to disregard some external commands functionality.
Christopher Dwyer-Perkins
Developer, REDspace
redspace.com
0 Kudos