Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mramim
Streaming Star

In App Purchases using Roku Pay

Jump to solution

I want users to be able to rent and buy videos in my channel and i want to integrate roku pay for this functionality. I've uploaded few in channel items in developer console, but when I call Channelstore.getCatalog() function, these items dont show up. They show fine from csfake file when i use fakeserver, but in a private channel, it doesn't work, show. Can someone please guide me to a sample that successfully show in channel products using channelstore?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mramim
Streaming Star

Re: In App Purchases using Roku Pay

Jump to solution

renojim, thank you so much for taking time to reply to this thread.
I was using print to check channelstore data. But I found out the issue is I was working for a client, and in-app products were uploaded in the client's channel store. And for some reason, I could not access those in the sideloaded channel. It kind of makes sense now, but I wonder how this will work in long term.

The fix was that I had to create in channel products in my own developer account and then I could get catalog from channelstore node.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Have you set "Use for billing testing" under "Options" for that channel?  You should be able to see your items in a side-loaded channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mramim
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've tried "Used for billing testing" for a channel, I've tried when the channel was sideloaded, I've also tried as the channel was non-certified, but I don't get my catalog. I see an empty dialogue box, so I know the catalog child count is > 0, but the dialogbox is empty, is there any way to see response of getCatalog when it's on a non-certified channel?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I'm not familiar with the scene graph channel store stuff, but when your channel is side-loaded print is your best friend.  You should be able to print the ChannelStore node and see the results of the command.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mramim
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

renojim, thank you so much for taking time to reply to this thread.
I was using print to check channelstore data. But I found out the issue is I was working for a client, and in-app products were uploaded in the client's channel store. And for some reason, I could not access those in the sideloaded channel. It kind of makes sense now, but I wonder how this will work in long term.

The fix was that I had to create in channel products in my own developer account and then I could get catalog from channelstore node.

0 Kudos
philotas
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Interesting, this also means as freelance developer you have to duplicate the channel for your personal account and in order tu create in-app purchase items you would also have to sign up for in app purchases with all that "paper work" Roku requires..

0 Kudos