Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Athlon646464
Channel Surfer

Re: IP Camera Viewer v4.0 with RTSP/ONVIF support released

Glad you're on your way to get it sorted out!

0 Kudos
jspilde
Binge Watcher

A couple of things to note for anyone using the Pi for their cameras. It appears that you can only transcode one stream at a time. Viewing a camera on another Roku TV kicks the first Roku TV out. Also, it appears your Roku TV has to have equal or higher resolution than the stream. You can't watch a 4k stream on 720p TV. It otherwise appears to work well as long as you understand the capabilities. The load on the Pi is extremely minimal.

0 Kudos
leblangr
Reel Rookie

Using VLC I was able to convert my NVR's feeds from RTSP to MJPEG over HTTP so they could be viewed in IP Camera Viewer.

https://github.com/EnsignRutherford/VLC-Camera-Streams

After installing VLC use these files and modify them appropriately for your RTSP feeds and then point IP Camera Viewer to the new URLS.

Note you should run this on an always-on Windows machine.

This will create one feed that contains all four screens as a mosaic and four individual feeds that you can use.  

0 Kudos
Athlon646464
Channel Surfer

Nice work!

I also discovered Blue Iris will do the same thing.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.