Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PositivePeak
Visitor

Re: (INSTANT $75 today for help) roImageCanvas & roSlideShow

offer is still open...
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Hi , I'll try to help.

Give me a few minutes and I'll try to code something up for you.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
PositivePeak
Visitor

AWESOME Joel... be sure to include your paypal address....

Thank you!

Dave
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Just at a glance at your code, looks like you are drawing an opaque background for the image canvas. Don't draw a background. Then anything you draw should be an overlay.

back in a few. I could use the $75. 🙂
0 Kudos
PositivePeak
Visitor

we tried to make the image go black at first... i think that is our feeble attempt...

if you add the ability to parse the title & artist of a shoutcast stream in each one, I'll make it an even $100...

Thank you so much, knowing you are fixing it is dramatically reducing our stress level over here...

dave
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

looks like you replaced all the code in mediarsstoolkit with your own. did you make any other changes anywhere else in the app? if so, can you post them or pm them? tried running your code as is after replacing all the duplicate functions in mediarsstoolkit but it crashes at

085:                                            this[onselect_callback[msg.GetIndex()+2]]()

if I click on user favories poster item.

- Joel
0 Kudos
PositivePeak
Visitor

check your PM for all the code...
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

For what it's worth.. using the stock deviantart example, while crude, adding the following code to the isPlaybackPosition() block of the wait loop in DisplaySlideShow() in mediarsstoolkit.brs, may serve as a decent proof of concept... (i.e., to answer the original question, yes you can do an overlay on a slideshow)

else if msg.isPlaybackPosition() then
onscreenphoto = msg.GetIndex()
print "slideshow display: " + Stri(msg.GetIndex())

canvas = CreateObject( "roImageCanvas" )
bgRect = {
Color: "#66000000",
TargetRect: { x: 250, y: 250, w: 250, h: 250 }
}
text = {
Text: "Hello World: " + msg.GetIndex().ToStr(),
TargetRect: bgRect.TargetRect
}
canvas.SetLayer( 0, [ bgRect, text ] )
canvas.Show()
Sleep( 2000 )
canvas.Close()
else if msg.isRemoteKeyPressed() then
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
PositivePeak
Visitor

thank you so much for chiming in Endless... works good but wont cycle the slideshow while it is active... would like to keep an active graphic and display the artist & title of a shoutcast stream.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"PositivePeak" wrote:
thank you so much for chiming in Endless... works good but wont cycle the slideshow while it is active... would like to keep an active graphic and display the artist & title of a shoutcast stream.

Again, it was just meant as a proof of concept, to show that you can do a custom overlay. You'd definitely need to do some additional legwork to get it to work the way you want it to. Sounds like jbrave may be on his way to getting you something that'll work...

Do you already have the artist & title information data from the stream? I thought I had read somewhere that you already had that worked out. If not, are you streaming through shoutcast.com, or are you running your own shoutcast sever?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos