Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greubel
Visitor

Re: ID3 tags for mp3 files?

Kevin, what is the rational to require changing the manifest before a feature can be used ?
I noticed you did the same thing with mkv support even though we still can't use it except from USB.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"greubel" wrote:
Kevin, what is the rational to require changing the manifest before a feature can be used ?
I noticed you did the same thing with mkv support even though we still can't use it except from USB.

Just guessing, but I'd imagine it lets the compiler know to include those libraries when it compiles the channel. Probably a resource allocation consideration... no need to consume the extra resources, if your channel doesn't need them.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
evilmax17
Visitor

Thanks for the update!

"RokuKevin" wrote:
void SetUrl(url)
Set the URL to the audio file. Only file URL’s are initially supported.

Just confirming, but this means local file URL's, right? So external links to files on a server are currently unsupported.
My Roku Channels:
Viddler - viddler.com
Tested Fan - tested.com | Jamie & Adam
This is my next - theverge.com
1080p Showcase - RIP
Whiskey Media - RIP
======================
http://www.binarymoustache.com
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

Correct. Local files only.

We use the manifest entry to help in loading shared library files that let us better manage the limited memory on the device.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.