Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KyleKim
Visitor

I buyed TCL-Roku TV

i buyed TCL-roku TV for developing...

and i need specs of TV (Model:FS4610R) But i cant find any information about the device.

can i get some specs(Cpu, RAM) of the TV??
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: I buyed TCL-Roku TV

Hi,

You don't need those specs to do development, we have not yet updated our website with the specs, I'll see if we can make that happen sooner rather than later.

However, I would suggest purchasing one of our low-end devices in addition to the TV as the TV does not support SDTV mode, so you won't be able to test your channel in that mode, which is a requirement if you want to publish your channel on anything other than the RokuTV, Roku3 and StreamingStickUSB.

- Joel
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Hey KyleKim (or another good samaritan) -
can you let me know what's the Roku model# of that?

The TCL model is 48FS4610R but Roku likely reports different number internally. Can check in console:
BrightScript Debugger> ? createObject("roDeviceInfo").getModel()
3100X
Alternatively that can be seen with the remote - in main menu / settings / player info, tends to be in format 9999x
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

All Roku TV models and brands return 5000X for ifDeviceInfo.GetModel()

- Joel
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"RokuJoel" wrote:

10q!
I was this close to ass-uming it will be "4610x" because of the TCL models numbering.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"RokuJoel" wrote:

- Joel

I suspect that should read 5xxxX. I've seen 5000X, 5101X, and 5103X in my analytics logs.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

I copied those characters straight out of the brightscript console. What shows up in logs may be different. My understanding is this model # will be the same for all TCL and HiSense manufactured Roku TVs, at least those sold in the United States.

- Joel
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"TheEndless" wrote:
I suspect that should read 5xxxX. I've seen 5000X, 5101X, and 5103X in my analytics logs.

I was wondering about this discrepancy between your observation and Joel's determination. I think i know now what happened, there has been a change:
  • In the original firmware RokuTVs come with (~ 6.0.2541), the correct model designation is returned, e.g. "5101X"

• At some later point of time (including today's current fw 6.0.5044), that was changed to return genericized string "5000X"

I guess that was dictated by some, errr "business reason". The Settings / System / About menu still shows the correct model# though. Not a very nice thing, if we encounter some problem that is specific to one manufacturer but not the other (e.g. crashes in Hisense but not in TCL), there'd be no way to know which set we running on.
0 Kudos
BradC
Channel Surfer

Just tested and can confirm my TCL Roku TV returns 5000X in console, shows 5101X in the about screen.
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos