Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run .brs file only and check the outkiput(in terminal or Vs code for logic written

Hi all,

Hope you all doing good!!

I am completely new to development and started with roku app development learnings.

As as beginner, I want to start with basic programming(simple learner logic implementations).

In the above case how I can run only the logic written file (.brs) and check the output for my code, without using all the components(like manifest file, components folder, images folder,) and without  connecting to TV screen.

Kindly requesting you all read my query and provide solution.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to run .brs file only and check the outkiput(in terminal or Vs code for logic written

@Maddiravi999 

Try the developers forum. This is the general user forum.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to run .brs file only and check the outkiput(in terminal or Vs code for logic written

You can't do what you want.  At the very least you need a zip file with a manifest and a source directory with your BRS file.  Roku has plenty of samples on their developer pages and github to get you started.

https://developer.roku.com/overview

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
necrotek
Roku Guru

You can try https://github.com/lvcabral/brs-emu 

This will run plain brs and you can use draw2d you cannot build Scenegraph channels with this.

0 Kudos