Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

How to limit a channel to 3xxx and 4xxx models only?

How can one limit channel distribution to 3xxx/4xxx (in other words ARM platform) models only?

I am guessing it must be some combination of properties in the web control panel but i can't figure it out (not enough lanyard to hang myself).
Note, i don't need accelerometer-enhanced (game) remote, channel works fine with HDMI Stick or IR remote.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: How to limit a channel to 3xxx and 4xxx models only?

Sure you can't do this on the website, but recently Joel responded to a similar question with "send us an email" so I guess you can access the Matrix from behind the curtain.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Yes, we can limit a channel to ARM only, MIPS only, limit by HD screens only, limit and exclude by device family. We can also assign a separate channel package to each hardware platform and we have a few "everything but" settings. Not everything is possible, but we have more flexibility on the back end. There are a few settings which can only be changed by the developer on owner.roku.com, but we do have more control on the back end.

- Joel
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Thanks Joel!
Right now my channel just shows the splash and then exits on a wrong platform (e.g. RokuTV). An idea just dawned on me though: maybe i can mod the main.brs loader stub to pop an explanation message on unsupported platforms; so i don't have to ask to manually flag on your side, for the beta anyway.
0 Kudos