Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1ms
Visitor

How to disable the roGridScreen column count

Is there a way to turn off the column count in the roGridScreen? We've checked the SDK docs but do not see any information about it.

We tried to hide it using theme.CounterTextLeft, etc, but it doesn't work.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
malort
Visitor

Re: How to disable the roGridScreen column count

There is no way to hide it (that I know of). You can however, set it to the background color of your theme, which is probably the best you can do. You'll see some ghosting when you scroll vertically.

app = CreateObject("roAppManager")
app.SetThemeAttribute("CounterTextRight", bkgColor)
app.SetThemeAttribute("CounterTextLeft", bkgColor)
app.SetThemeAttribute("CounterSeparator", bkgColor)

http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/roAppManager
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Try roGridScreen.SetCounterVisible(False).
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
1ms
Visitor

Thanks TheEndless.

SetCounterVisible(False) works like a charm!
0 Kudos
malort
Visitor

Another undocumented feature 🙂 How did you come across this one?

"TheEndless" wrote:
Try roGridScreen.SetCounterVisible(False).
0 Kudos
MatroxRT
Visitor

Is this method officially supported with the current firmwares? Since it's not documented in the ifGridScreen interface it makes me wonder if there are possibly issues with it?

@Roku Can we get confirmation it is fine to use this method? Also, when was it introduced firmware wise?

@TheEndless if you happen to know any of these details that would be helpful too.

Thanks
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"MatroxRT" wrote:
Is this method officially supported with the current firmwares? Since it's not documented in the ifGridScreen interface it makes me wonder if there are possibly issues with it?

@Roku Can we get confirmation it is fine to use this method? Also, when was it introduced firmware wise?

@TheEndless if you happen to know any of these details that would be helpful too.

Thanks

I was informed of it at least two years ago while working on a channel that required it. That channel and at least one other that I know of uses it, so I don't think it would just go away. As for it not being documented, I suspect that's just an oversight. I wouldn't be surprised if RokuKC popped in shortly to tell us that it has been added.. 😛
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
MatroxRT
Visitor

Awesome, Thanks TheEndless.
0 Kudos
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"TheEndless" wrote:
As for it not being documented, I suspect that's just an oversight.

Ask and ye shall receive. 🙂 In this case anyway. 🙂
0 Kudos
MatroxRT
Visitor

Thanks RokuKC.
0 Kudos