Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amit_thakkar
Visitor

How to disable Message Box border

HI,
I have been using roMessageDialog from document i.e. Component Reference in my channel.
I want to show only Text & animation while Message Box is being shown i.e. i don't want to show Border of Message Box.
Is it possible to implement the same.
Kindly let me know if its possible..

Thanks
Amit
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to disable Message Box border

If you mean the border of the dialog box, that's not possible with roMessageDialog. You could try drawing your own dialog with roScreen and the other 2D components.

If you mean the dimmed background while the dialog is visible, use roMessageDialog's EnableOverlay() function.
0 Kudos
amit_thakkar
Visitor

can you please provide the example of the dialogue box without the border using the attributes that you have mentioned..?

Thanks
Amit
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

The simple2d example in the SDK demonstrates how to work with the 2D APIs. There isn't sample code specifically for drawing a dialog. You would have to develop that on your own.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Chris, Can you use the 2D APIs on top of other UI screens? I thought they were only usable with the roScreen. It sounds to me like the OP wants a custom message box dialog, which I think would require using the roImageCanvas, instead.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"TheEndless" wrote:
Chris, Can you use the 2D APIs on top of other UI screens? I thought they were only usable with the roScreen. It sounds to me like the OP wants a custom message box dialog, which I think would require using the roImageCanvas, instead.

True story. My mind jumped to roScreen because he wanted to do animation and the performance is so much better. I didn't consider the need to see the underlying screen beneath the dialog.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

I assumed by "animation" he was referring to ShowBusyAnimation().
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos