Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hldrd
Reel Rookie

How to create a vertical sliding page composed by different Components?

Hi,
I've been trying to find some examples or documentation on how to create a vertical page with different components. For example:

- At the very top a Highlight poster with a CTA button for more details
- Just after 2x horizontal carousels (small 16:9 square, with a poster image, as what we see commonly in other changels)
- Followed by a 1x horizontal carousel that has a bigger Height but similar to the previous carousel

I thought that I'd have to put it as children of a LayoutGroup but didn't work as I expected, so I'm clueless:

<children>
    <LayoutGroup
      layoutDirection="vert"
      vertAlignment="top"
      itemSpacings="[10, 10]"
      addItemSpacingAfterChild="true">
      <HighlightBigPosterSingle id="filmHighlight"/>
      <CarouselMultiThumbnails id="filmCarousel"/>
      <CarouselMultiThumbnails id="filmCarousel"/>
      <HighlightMultiBigPosterCarousel id="filmHighlight"/>
    </LayoutGroup>
  </children>

Basically, I want to navigate the interface up and down, where each Component is either a MarkupGrid that lets you navigate left and right, a Component that is a single Poster, a Component that is a Carousel of Posters, etc. Does this make sense? The Netflix interface is a good example, some times you have small carousels, other times bigger poster carousels and stuff like that.

I've also spent quite a lot of time trying to figure this out looking around but haven't found any details.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
norcaljohnny
Roku Guru

Re: How to create a vertical sliding page composed by different Components?

Do you still need help with this or rather following this post still?

On a side note, never use the same id on different components.

0 Kudos
hldrd
Reel Rookie

Re: How to create a vertical sliding page composed by different Components?

I end up creating a custom component that takes child components dynamically, and then used the animation feature to move the viewport to the focused component.

Thanks for checking!

0 Kudos