Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add a vertical scroll to the list in Brightscript?

I am trying to customize the video player example that comes with the SDK. I am displaying the videoplayer on the left side of the screen and the playlist on the right side with the navigation through this playlist.

However I am able to display only few videos on the rightside. Hence I need to add the vertical scroll to the playlist so that I can display all the videos there.

I have reserched on it and found the rotextscreen that provides scroll but that opens a whole new screen which doesnot serve my purpose as I want to show the playlsit on tthe right side of the player more like you tube.

I cannot use Rogridscreen for the same reason as rotextscreen.

Is there any other component i can use to display the playlist and add the vertical scroll to the playlist or any other approach I can take??

I am pretty new to this platform and a bit lost at the moment. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
gaurachit
Channel Surfer

Re: How can I add a vertical scroll to the list in Brightscr

Hi,
You should create custom view, to make custom view you can use roImageCanvas.
By using roImageCanvas you can show the roVideoPlayer on the right side and the playlist on the left side.
both should be on different layers.
In this approach you need to handle the navigation on the playlist layer.

hope this will help you.
0 Kudos

Re: How can I add a vertical scroll to the list in Brightscr

I got it working using this approach. Though thnax a ton for your reply... 😄
0 Kudos