Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amoslong

How Do I open and Develop an Existing Channel

Our church had a person develop a Roku channel for them. That person passed away and he had no other developers for that channel. Roku has sent me the channel so I can keep it updated. I can download the zip but I cannot open it. Seems encrypted. How do I take that existing channel and pick up where they left off? I have downloaded PuTTY and generated the key and ID for my Roku device. I am stuck trying to get the app zip to my local Roku. I get this error:

Re: Invalid public key:error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line: iostream error

How do I get this app installed on my device from the zip file I downloaded from the published channels  as "download published channel"

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How Do I open and Develop an Existing Channel

I think without knowing the key the developer used, you may be out of luck.  You can try using whatever contact you used to get the account access to get the unencrypted source code.  Certainly Roku knows how to decrypt the package, but what you have won't do you any good without the key and I don't think it will do you much good even if you have the key.  From what I've seen, the encrypted package you downloaded is only good for rekeying the Roku device if you know the key, but that won't get you the source code.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.