Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhir_Pratap
Streaming Star

Horizontal scrolling in a Grid

I want to have a grid like component which would have horizontal and vertical scrolling. I have been looking at two components but they have some limitations. 

1. Rowlist: When I scroll to left/right only one row scrolls at a time. Is there a way for all the rows to be scrolled together along with the focused row.
2. MarkupGrid: This component does not allow me to have horizontal scrolling when the number of columns extend beyond the screen width. I want to prefer this component since it allows me to have variable column width and height. Is there a way to make MarkupGrid scroll beyond screen so that the out of view column starts coming into view and the initial columns move out of view? 

You can imagine this component as spreadsheet document. Pls suggest me some ideas. 
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
pixshatterer
Visitor

Re: Horizontal scrolling in a Grid

bump to this post!
0 Kudos
acreskey
Visitor

A client is asking for this feature.
We've tried using "rowList.jumpToRowItem" on the other rows -- this works but because it doesn't animate the effect is visually jarring.
Anyone else come up with a solution?
0 Kudos
Arezth
Visitor

Were you guys able to solve this? Or what approach did you guys used?
0 Kudos
acreskey
Visitor

No unfortunately we couldn't find a way make multiple rows in a horizontal grid scroll at the same time.

We ended up replacing it with a vertical-scrolling rowList (where multiple columns do scroll at the same time).
0 Kudos
Arezth
Visitor

"acreskey" wrote:
No unfortunately we couldn't find a way make multiple rows in a horizontal grid scroll at the same time.

We ended up replacing it with a vertical-scrolling rowList (where multiple columns do scroll at the same time).

Thanks for the reply. Indeed, it is a little unpleaseant that the transition (with jumptoitem) is so hard and can not really be parallel. It is possible to add the transition using animatetoitem but there are two problems. The first remaining that it is not done in parallel (or at least I haven't been able to do so), and if you change the item to one before the selected, it will go forward until it gets back to it (Will make the full cycle to get to it).
Did you sync the movement with its index? Are they in synchrony?
0 Kudos
acreskey
Visitor

"Arezth" wrote:
"acreskey" wrote:

Did you sync the movement with its index? Are they in synchrony?

I lost you there -- for the vertical list? That we get for free from rowList.
0 Kudos