Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MTM2021
Channel Surfer

Hero Grid Feed

Jump to solution

Learning the ropes...

I am working with the Hero Grid and have managed to figure out most of the elements apart from where to put my feed information to get it up and running. Where does this information go?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hero Grid Feed

Jump to solution

Hi @MTM2021 

The grid hero sample in GitHub has been fixed. We updated the RSS feed used in the sample (this is specified in the components/HeroScreen/HeroScreen.brs file). 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
MTM2021
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

OK, finally figured that bit out.

Next questions, side loaded the app but it gets stuck on the loading screen once installed.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It probably crashed.  Are you using the debug console?  Telnet to port 8085 on your Roku to see what's going on.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
fredfulsome
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the same problem and was told by Roku Support that the Hero example files are no longer working. If you can get the feed to work, could you let us know?

0 Kudos
MTM2021
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That will explain it. Did they give you any ideas on how to get a work around?

0 Kudos
fredfulsome
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not really. I was told the Hero-Grid Channel Roku refers to to "show" what it can do is no longer active and won't be, but no info on the Hero-Grid sample files. Last time I looked at the Git-Hub folder where the Hero-Grid resides I noticed there was an "issue" recorded that there was no manifest, so no working app. Not sure if that is being looked at, but that was before Christmas I think. Not sure why all documentation leads to this Git-Hub feed and then they don't maintain it. Just causes people to go around in circles wondering if they are doing something wrong. 

0 Kudos
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MTM2021 

The grid hero sample in GitHub has been fixed. We updated the RSS feed used in the sample (this is specified in the components/HeroScreen/HeroScreen.brs file). 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

0 Kudos