Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pberrett
Visitor

Help with coding

Hi all

For a long while my friends and I who produce a non-=profit podcast called Amateurlogic have had a Roku private channel.

Initially I took the Videoplayer that was one of the examples in the SDK and simply amended it to point at the xml file which we keep on a server and update each time a new episode is released. We now have around 50 videos onour channel.

I recently submitted the channel for publication as a public channel and have been advised of the following.

"Hi Peter, we are in the middle of trying to clear a backlog of channels including yours, and yours just came back from QA yesterday with the following issues needing to be remedied:

1) Channel store art doesn't match the main Roku menu (home screen) artwork.

2) Play from beginning/Resume Playing appears after a clip ends.

3) All the clip menus will have problem #2 after watching any clip through to

the end. So even clips that have never been played will have this in their

selection menu.

For issues 2 and 3, replacing appVideoScreen.brs and appDetailScreen.brs in your project, or merging the differences into your project, will most likely fix these issues. Also make sure you have a unique id set in the ContentID for each video in your xml (typically a 5 or 6 digit string of letters/numbers) like ALV31

Please fix the above issues, upload a new project, and let me know when you have done so, we are hoping to publish as many as possible before the Thanksgiving break."

I have now give the videos all a unique content id and am updating our artwork. Problems 2 & 3 would require me to study up Brightscript and learn the language and yet it looks like a fairly simple problem to solve to someone experienced. Would anyone know a simple fix for these problems so that we can get our channel published before Roku close for Christmas? I don;t quite know what the above author means by replacing appVideoScreen.brs and appDetailScreen.brs.

Thanks Peter

ps our private Channel code is ALOGIC
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
agmark
Visitor

Re: Help with coding

If you're in a hurry, you might consider just removing the Resume button and just go with a Play button. Fix your image issue and resubmit your channel. That will give you time to go through your code and implement any new features.

Have you confirmed that your Resume feature still isn't working correctly since you've added a contentid?
0 Kudos
pberrett
Visitor

Re: Help with coding

All fixed now. Thanks for the help.

If anyone is interested the code to fix the problem can be found here.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=51208&p=347553&hilit=play+resume#p347553

cheers Peter
0 Kudos