Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bandal
Visitor

Re: HLS SDK 2.9 Example customvideoplayer

I give up for now. Maybe it is because I placed my video on my website versus Amazon or a Wowza Streaming Server. I can play the Big Buck Bunny no problem. Do I really need a streaming server versus placing the content on my website for HLS? I can do VOD no problem from my website. Ahhh
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I tried downloading your segments that were 25fps and playing them from my server and I got the same results with the "unexpected error" after fast-forwarding. If you'd like me to try the 29.97fps segments let me know.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bandal
Visitor

Ok, I will make more content as I deleted it. And will place the source there too. I will make 1 sample with 1 rate to keep it simple. I am finding out that Sorenson Squeeze 7 is the problem. I set to 29.97 and when it was complete I saw 50fps in my codec info while playing with vlc. Looks like this software has bugs in it. I don't have linux, so I will see what I can find for HLS encoding in Win XP.
0 Kudos