Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yuriy_OM
Visitor

HLS Encryption - how to change key server dynamically

Hi All,

I am playing around with HLS encrypted streams and need to figure out if it is possible encryption server IP withing the downloaded manifest file (m3u8). I have this line within the manifest file:
#EXT-X-KEY:METHOD=AES-128,URI="https://1.1.1.1/CAB/keyfile?r=1&t=1&p=123456789"

I do not control the manifest files so I can not change the IP there, but I need to somehow repoint the request to a development server to get the decryption key. Can anyone suggest any options?

Right now I am thinking about the following options:
- Provide decryption key to video player directly ( I do not know how to do this, I did not find anything in the docs)
- Instruct Roku to go to a specific key server ( I do not know how to do this, I did not find anything in the docs)
- Proxy the request on Roku to for example: 1.1.1.2 ( for this I need Roku root access, I do not have that, is it possible?)
- Proxy the request on the router ( need to set up ddw-rt)

Anyone know of an easy way to do this? Thanks, any thoughts would be appreciated!
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Re: HLS Encryption - how to change key server dynamically

Here as per your mention options as below.
1. Provide decryption key to Roku video player directly (I also not find any way to do this. anyone finds this)
2. I created a Proxy server(REST API) for the request on Roku (using a proxy server successfully play m3u8). But I required to directly decryption key to the Roku video player. any solution for this.

0 Kudos