Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bayareahq
Visitor

HELP! Channel in Testing over a month??!

Hi, my channel Bay Area HQ has been in testing since the first days of May. I submitted the Channel in February. In the email I got it says:

"You will receive another email when the channel progresses to the next phase of testing or is rejected. If you have any questions about the status of your channel and more than a week has passed without hearing from us, please don't hesitate to contact us at developer@roku.com"

I emailed 3 times and no response. Has anyone experienced this? I live near the office of ROKU in Saratoga, so should I go to the HQ and ask them directly?

Thanks
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: HELP! Channel in Testing over a month??!

Please do, then blog about it. Preferably with photos/video. :mrgreen:
One caveat - i got the impression they are spread thin over multiple huts in industrial park, so it may turn into a "whac-a-mole" kind of chase.

[Edit: a joke in poor taste removed. Thanks for flagging me, @BradC!]
0 Kudos
Ace
Visitor

"bayareahq" wrote:
Hi, my channel Bay Area HQ has been in testing since the first days of May. I submitted the Channel in February. In the email I got it says:

"You will receive another email when the channel progresses to the next phase of testing or is rejected. If you have any questions about the status of your channel and more than a week has passed without hearing from us, please don't hesitate to contact us at developer@roku.com"

I emailed 3 times and no response. Has anyone experienced this? I live near the office of ROKU in Saratoga, so should I go to the HQ and ask them directly?

Thanks

In the same boat! Will be a whole month of testing in 6 days. E-mails go unanswered. So don't feel bad. There are only 2 people doing the testing. Mine is a live channel, realy nothing to check but if it's dependable. I will continue to play the waiting game. I feel like I check the channel store several times a day for it to be on.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

re: Maiden Network:

In your case, it is completely inaccurate to say 6 months - we sent feedback to you in late March and early April, and you have have not updated the channel to address the issues we raised. I did receive an email on 04/8 indicating you updated the channel to fix the issues, but it the submitted public channel was never actually updated, other than the Channel Store HD and SD artwork. Perhaps you were confused and updated the Private channel package.

I also note that you are in discussions with our ad team to implement the Roku Ad Framework, but again, your actual submitted public channel package has not been updated to reflect that.

Please let us know when you have updated your channel and we will take another look at it.

- Joel
0 Kudos

Joel,

The changes that I was asked to implement were made and I thought I submitted them correctly. I apologize if they weren't but when I e-mailed to ask if everything was ok and if I needed to make any further changes I didn't get a response. I'm free to fix any issues as quickly as possible but I didn't have any line of communication to figure out what the issues were. When I e-mailed I never got an e-mail back stating that the fixes that I sent in were incorrect.

Is there anyway to discuss over the phone what I did wrong so that I can get them fixed immediately. I apologize of there was an issue on our end but if I can clearly understand what I missed and how to resolve I will get on it right away.

Thanks, Patrick D.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

"Ace" wrote:

In the same boat! Will be a whole month of testing in 6 days. E-mails go unanswered. So don't feel bad. There are only 2 people doing the testing. Mine is a live channel, realy nothing to check but if it's dependable. I will continue to play the waiting game. I feel like I check the channel store several times a day for it to be on.

Actually I responded to you earlier this week, and your channel was published on Tuesday July 14th at 2:17pm pacific time, check your email for the publication notice.

- Joel
0 Kudos

Joel,

Please disregard. I'm working with Scott Musser who is helping us with the issue. He was able to show us how to verify which version we submitted. I will get the correct package submitted and will update this thread once I've verified with debug information that the correct package was submitted.

Thank you for your help Joel.

Patrick D.
Maiden Network
www.MaidenNetwork.com
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"maidennetwork" wrote:
Please disregard. I'm working with Scott Musser who is helping us with the issue. He was able to show us how to verify which version we submitted. I will get the correct package submitted and will update this thread once I've verified with debug information that the correct package was submitted.

It is unfortunate that the review team dropped the ball on you in April - if they did not email you back then re bundle not updated. Things like that shouldn't slip. I am trying to figure out myself what is a way to moving things forward without being overburdenly / desperately pushy.

Regarding self-help though, consider showing somewhere the channel version ("About" screen?) and fetch the number to show there from the manifest file with roAppInfo.GetVersion(). That way you can always check with the remote that indeed the channel is the one you wanted it to be.

There is one nasty caveat to that - the version# showing in the Channel Store (the info screen when clicked on an icon) differs from the version# from the manifest. This version is taken from the web portal description. It doesn't make sense to have 2 separate numbers but i guess it is unfixable because of the way they handle the bundles.
0 Kudos

Actually in this case I'm the one that dropped the ball not the review team. When I went to go update the package that I submitted with the fixes they required it for some reason didn't take. And I had no way of verifying (that I knew of at the time) that the package that I submitted was correct. But I've since figured it out and gotten the issue resolved. Not Joel's & teams fault. My fault.

But thank you very much for the added information EnTerr. It is much appreciated!

Patrick D.
Maiden Network
http://www.MaidenNetwork.com
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"maidennetwork" wrote:
Actually in this case I'm the one that dropped the ball not the review team. When I went to go update the package that I submitted with the fixes they required it for some reason didn't take. And I had no way of verifying (that I knew of at the time) that the package that I submitted was correct. But I've since figured it out and gotten the issue resolved. Not Joel's & teams fault. My fault.

Hm, even after this explanation it remains unclear - did they or did they not email you the channel version is incorrect? What i said is should have been emailed so that the ball is in your court, otherwise they dropped it. If you say it's your fault, i have to imply you ignored their email and can't blame them indeed.

Re checking versions, i remembered one more way: in the web portal, the app info page there is a link somewhere - you can download the bundle you uploaded and verify if it's the one - by either unzipping and examining, or by side-loading to a Roku.
0 Kudos