Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucasgonze
Visitor

HD mode 720v x 1280h image required for channel store upload

In the web server on the box I have a developer build installed, and I'm trying to generate a package. However I am getting this error message: "HD mode 720v x 1280h image required for channel store upload".

My first guess is that this is an icon for the app, but 720x1280 wouldn't make sense for an app, and I'm not seeing that in the manifest documentation anyway.

Sound familiar to anybody?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HD mode 720v x 1280h image required for channel store up

I believe that's referring to the new Screenshot feature. Screenshots should be done in HD display mode. The last time I checked, if your box is in SD mode it crashes the box anyway when you click the Screenshot button.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
lucasgonze
Visitor

Very helpful, JT.

So you make sure you're in HD mode, load your app, and use the Screenshot feature, and then this error message goes away?

10-4.
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

It's not an error message. It's an informative message that is now always on this page.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I just switched my box to HD mode and the message is still there, so I guess it's just for informational purposes. The thing I like the most about the message is that everywhere else images have w & h dimensions, but someone decided v & h should be used here. :?:

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
lucasgonze
Visitor

So follow the steps before packaging up a release and I won't get an error message on posting it?

Makes sense.
0 Kudos