Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shumanity
Visitor

Grid posters with transparency

I want to use some posters (SDPosterURL, HDPosterURL) on a grid screen that have some alpha transparency. When the grid screen renders, however, the transparent bits show up black instead of using the grid's background color.

I'm using PNGs and I'm fairly certain that the files are fine. In fact, if I set the exact same image on an roPosterScreen then the transparent parts show up as white instead of black. So the Roku seems to understand the transparency, but I can't figure out how it's deciding what to composite the image on top of.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm happy to include more information, attach files, whatever.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Grid posters with transparency

You aren't' doing anything wrong. The grid does not currently support transparency.
0 Kudos
shumanity
Visitor

Thanks for the quick and definitive response, Chris! I'll update my graphics to use the background I want.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

It used to work back in firmware version 2.8, but they changed something in 2.9 that changed that behavior.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos