Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaxace
Binge Watcher

Grid not displaying correctly

I've fianlly started working with the roGridScreen and am experiencing a strange problem that I haven't been able to fix as yet.
The description box is being displayed in the upper left corner of the screen and a portion of the lower right screen is being clipped.
If I turn off display of the description box the clipped portion is displayed. If I turn the display back on the clipping occurs again
(I added some logic to my app to toggle display of the description on a remote button push).
Here's a screen shot:

Roku info:
Model: 2100X
Version: 2.9 build 1553

Suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Dave
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Grid not displaying correctly

That can happen when you call the grid's Show() function before calling SetupLists() and SetListNames(). Be sure to set the screen up before displaying it and you should avoid that issue.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

The clipping/overlay is a known issue. I reported it awhile back here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=39012&p=257708#p257664

The description showing up in the upper left sounds like you've got the GridScreenDescriptionOffsetSD/HD set incorrectly. It should be a quoted string in the format "(x, y)".

EDIT: Or, I guess it can happen if the screen is configured out of order as RokuChris mentioned.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
vaxace
Binge Watcher

RokuChris, Thanks. That was it.
When I abstracted my init code onto a function a Show() got left behind. :oops:

D.
0 Kudos