Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjramsay
Visitor

Getting Roku to Show on Roku 2

Hi. I am running out of options here. Not sure what I did but I created a Roku Package and I have installed in on my Roku 2 and it says it installed successfully, however, when I go to my channels, it just shows a square with a symbol that looks like a loading symbol in it. When I click on it, it takes me into my channel and I can see all the videos and categories fine. But when I get out of developers mode and I install the package on my Roku, not in developers mode, it says it's installed but it doesn't show up. I have checked many times, but I can't seem to figure out why this isn't showing. I am actually not sure which code that needs to be displayed here to be determined why this is happening. I have this available in all areas, but I didn't think that would make a difference. Any thoughts as to why this wouldn't be showing?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: Getting Roku to Show on Roku 2

Post the contents of your manifest file.

--Mark
0 Kudos
sjramsay
Visitor

title=Beauty Tips and Trick
subtitle=Video player example using category based XML feeds
mm_icon_focus_hd=pkg:/images/MainMenu_Icon_CenterFocus_HD.png
mm_icon_side_hd=pkg:/images/MainMenu_Icon_Side_HD.png
mm_icon_focus_sd=pkg:/images/MainMenu_Icon_CenterFocus_SD.png
mm_icon_side_sd=pkg:/images/MainMenu_Icon_Side_SD.png
major_version=1
minor_version=0
build_version=00002

Just to note, I unlinked my roku and did a factory reset on it. So I am out of developers mode. I re-uploaded my package and roku said that it added my channel but it doesn't show up. Also, when I was testing and some packages failed to load properly it still says it's trying to add those to my roku as well, but I don't think that will matter because I can add other channels fine.
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Do those four MainMenu icon files exist in the images directory in your package?

--Mark
0 Kudos
sjramsay
Visitor

Yes. I see that they are there. Where do these images show up anyway?
0 Kudos
sjramsay
Visitor

Okay. I figured it out for all those that run into this issue as well. My manifest had two spaces before each line in the file. It turns out the manifest file cannot have any spaces in the file.
On a side note though. All those people that had downloaded the channel previously and it didn't install correctly, will be update now that it's fixed?
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Yes, in about 24 hours it should update on all devices.

- Joel
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.