Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudo97
Visitor

Full HD on Roku 4

Hello, this is what I read on https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Specifying+Display+Resolution

The Scene Graph application will scale the design elements and the graphical images for the actual supported resolution, but you can achieve the best appearance for all supported resolutions if you provide both resolutions of graphical images.

I wrote to manifest-file

ui_resolutions=FHD

and set all coordinates as if I had Roku-device with FullHD, and I got wrong layout, nothing was scaled to my 720p on roku stick. It doesn't work in both way.
I have set translations, widths and heights for 720p and "ui_resolutions=FHD,HD", then put it to roku 4 with FHD, and it wasn't scaled, I know it because

print CreateObject("roDeviceInfo").GetDisplayMode()

always prints "720p", whatever I set in manifest.

what can I do to fix it? I am on 7.1 firmware.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Full HD on Roku 4

I'm not sure if this is causing your issue or not, but the value should be in lowercase...
ui_resolutions=fhd
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
sudo97
Visitor

TheEndless, my mistake was in whitespaces, it works now
0 Kudos
pixshatterer
Visitor

"sudo97" wrote:
TheEndless, my mistake was in whitespaces, it works now

Hey @sudo97 I'm having exactly the same issue - how did you solve it?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"pixshatterer" wrote:
Hey @sudo97 I'm having exactly the same issue - how did you solve it?

it says issue was in whitespaces, i presume space(s) around FHD.
what is your problem, in detail though?
0 Kudos