Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccaines
Binge Watcher

Re: Free app for Roku dev's

Maybe not a huge demand but...any chance you could release a version for older Macs running 10.7 ?? 
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

another small request; very often in debug before proceeding with testing I will hit 'return' a few times to create a visual break (blank space) in the debug output.
would be cool to be able to do the same here, and / or a visual break like a horizontal bar might be more effective.  Thanks!!
aspiring
0 Kudos
brianstegman
Streaming Star

I just released 1.4.0  Here is whats in it.

* All data is now saved to an out folder relative to the selected project (thanks for the suggestion marcelo.cabral)
* Updated UI to be more compact
* Added ability to collapse panels
* Added ability to set a nickname for each device (thanks for the suggestion joetesta)
* Added ability to get detailed information about a device
* Added tooltips
* Added command history for both Debug Console and Debug SceneGraph (thanks for the suggestion joetesta)
* Added keyboard commands ctrl-d and ctrl-c to clear the console and to break into debug mode on the Debug Console and Debug SceneGraph.  However, as I write this I'm realizing ctrl-c is going to mess up copying the text.  So expect a different key command in a future release 🙂  In the meantime you should be able to copy from the edit menu.

I still have many many more things coming.
0 Kudos
brianstegman
Streaming Star

"ccaines" wrote:
Maybe not a huge demand but...any chance you could release a version for older Macs running 10.7 ?? 

I can look into this.
0 Kudos
brianstegman
Streaming Star

"joetesta" wrote:
Was looking for this post, Finally found it!
Another request, a way to label / nickname devices that come up in the Select list for quick reference, like an input field to the right of the ip address that could be sticky based on the device id?

And bump for ability to copy text from debugger without breaking (ctrl c) the app - thanks Brian! 😄

I just released 1.4.0 but unfortunately I am still capturing ctrl-c.  Sorry.  I will fix this in a future update but in the meantime you should be able to use the edit menu copy?  Let me know if you don't see copy option in the edit menu.
0 Kudos
brianstegman
Streaming Star

"joetesta" wrote:
another small request; very often in debug before proceeding with testing I will hit 'return' a few times to create a visual break (blank space) in the debug output.
would be cool to be able to do the same here, and / or a visual break like a horizontal bar might be more effective.  Thanks!!

I'm planning on adding a build option to clear console on each build like editors do.  Would this suffice or do you like keeping the output around?
0 Kudos
brianstegman
Streaming Star

"Komag" wrote:
Only for Macs so far

Available for windows now too.
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

"brianstegman" wrote:
"joetesta" wrote:

I'm planning on adding a build option to clear console on each build like editors do.  Would this suffice or do you like keeping the output around?

I like keeping the output around.  And also I usually do this (hit enter a few times to create a visual break) mid-session just before I click whatever specific action I'm interested in testing /debugging.
Thanks Brian, will give the new version a test run tomorrow if not sooner!
aspiring
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

Like the new layout but, unless I'm missing something, seems the Remote functionality is totally broken in 1.4 😞
I was in a pinch and opened 1.3 to control a roku, it still works.
aspiring
0 Kudos
brianstegman
Streaming Star

"joetesta" wrote:
Like the new layout but, unless I'm missing something, seems the Remote functionality is totally broken in 1.4 😞
I was in a pinch and opened 1.3 to control a roku, it still works.

I will put out a fix for it.  Just an FYI though.  You should still be able to close that modal and control the Roku with your keyboard.
0 Kudos