Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: Free app for Roku dev's

Trying this out...I like the idea of stripping out comments, so I set that option and clicked "create zip", but I may be blind or something but I can't find the zip file - where does it go? (I also clicked Take Screenshot but couldn't find it either.)

Also found a bug, when validating (nice tool), it flagged two places where I had the word "stop" as part of a string in my game, part of a story text, not code. Not sure how to avoid that since there aren't quotation marks right around the word "stop", and I can just ignore those error flags, so it's no big deal.

Also, I couldn't figure out "Colorize" for the debug window.

Also, there seems to be no way to access port 8080 to do r2d2_bitmaps and fps_display. WAIT A MINUTE! I see that Debug SceneGraph is actually 8080! Okay, fine, I don't use SceneGraph, but I suppose most of the commands there are indeed for SceneGraph, so no problem after all.
0 Kudos
brianstegman
Streaming Star

"Komag" wrote:
Trying this out...I like the idea of stripping out comments, so I set that option and clicked "create zip", but I may be blind or something but I can't find the zip file - where does it go? (I also clicked Take Screenshot but couldn't find it either.)

Also found a bug, when validating (nice tool), it flagged two places where I had the word "stop" as part of a string in my game, part of a story text, not code. Not sure how to avoid that since there aren't quotation marks right around the word "stop", and I can just ignore those error flags, so it's no big deal.

Also, I couldn't figure out "Colorize" for the debug window.

Also, there seems to be no way to access port 8080 to do r2d2_bitmaps and fps_display. WAIT A MINUTE! I see that Debug SceneGraph is actually 8080! Okay, fine, I don't use SceneGraph, but I suppose most of the commands there are indeed for SceneGraph, so no problem after all.

Thanks for trying it out!

1. Everything is stored in an out folder within the project.  When you select a project you will see a folder icon.  You can click this to open the folder.

2. Remember when taking screenshots it has to be a side loaded channel.  These are also stored in the out folder

3. Would you be willing to provide the line with the "stop" text?

4. All you should need to do to colorize is enter the text.  It needs to be an exact match.

I have a quick question.  In the device section does the underline make it clear that you can rename your devices?

I love the feedback.  Thanks so much!
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Here are the two (very long) stop lines:

"What no one other than the two of them knew until many years later was that Amaron had had another vision. He had patiently lived according to all the principles learned from the oracles of Elendia, but after a particularly trying week of exhaustion, he decided to supplicate his god and to not stop praying until she responded in some manner."
"If a man were to walk the highway that day and pass by their home and garden, he might hear a far off wailing sound, a great beseeching prayer of dire need. He might stop to listen more intently, and wave to his fellows to join him in discerning this mystery, for what could lead a man to express such sorrow? The small group might make some guesses, listen a bit longer, but then continue on their way. And thus it was all that day, women and men stopped at times to hear the lamentations of this man. Most passersby did not know him, for the travelers were many and local inhabitants few. But some knew that it was Amaron, though they had no better guesses as to the cause of his poignant yearnings, and none could make out his exact words."

There is no "out" folder in the project, none is being created or filled with anything. Do I have to set one up myself? I just tried making an "out" folder, and "Create Zip" again, nothing showed up there.
The underline - no, I didn't know that meant I could rename it, just tried clicking on it to change to another device and the rename window popped up! Then I realize I of course need to go back to the top and click "Select Roku".
0 Kudos
brianstegman
Streaming Star

"Komag" wrote:
Here are the two (very long) stop lines:

"What no one other than the two of them knew until many years later was that Amaron had had another vision. He had patiently lived according to all the principles learned from the oracles of Elendia, but after a particularly trying week of exhaustion, he decided to supplicate his god and to not stop praying until she responded in some manner."
"If a man were to walk the highway that day and pass by their home and garden, he might hear a far off wailing sound, a great beseeching prayer of dire need. He might stop to listen more intently, and wave to his fellows to join him in discerning this mystery, for what could lead a man to express such sorrow? The small group might make some guesses, listen a bit longer, but then continue on their way. And thus it was all that day, women and men stopped at times to hear the lamentations of this man. Most passersby did not know him, for the travelers were many and local inhabitants few. But some knew that it was Amaron, though they had no better guesses as to the cause of his poignant yearnings, and none could make out his exact words."

There is no "out" folder in the project, none is being created or filled with anything. Do I have to set one up myself? I just tried making an "out" folder, and "Create Zip" again, nothing showed up there.
The underline - no, I didn't know that meant I could rename it, just tried clicking on it to change to another device and the rename window popped up! Then I realize I of course need to go back to the top and click "Select Roku".

Thanks for the text.  I will look into it.  The out folder should be getting automatically created.  Are you on windows or mac?  Maybe a permissions issue?  When you click the folder icon does it open the project path?
Thanks again for the feedback!
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Windows. When I installed it gave an installation warning about trusted installer file or something like that, I manually selected install anyway. The project path folder opens correctly.
0 Kudos