Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: Fonts are Killing Me !

"greubel" wrote:
roImageCanvas will work with the "mnemonic" or a font object which I use on most of my screens.

By "font object" do you mean an roFont object? Can you post your code showing how you use a font object with roImageCanvas?

--Mark
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

Re: Fonts are Killing Me !

Hope this helps.

' roFont String
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' p[0] = () = family
' p[1] = (38) size = font size
' p[2] = (-1) pixel-size
' p[3] = (5) style-hint
' p[4] = (2) weight 75 was 63 = bold
' p[5] = (1) style = italic
' p[6] = (0) underline
' p[7] = (0) strikeout
' p[8] = (0) fixed-pitch
' p[9] = (0) raw-mode

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' This function attempts to size the input text string to the provided width
' It will use the F as the max size. The font size will keep going lower until 1/2 the height
. then if max is set, will split the line and start over.
. It returns an object with the roFont(string as above), the text(may have been split) and the font index

Function Get_Font( text as string, F as object, W as integer, H as integer,
bold as boolean, italic as boolean, max as integer ) as object

font = [ face, txt, x ]
return font

--------------------- Call to size string ---------------------
if obj.font = invalid
obj.font = Get_Font( Decode(data), "Medium", XR(W-55), YR(H), true, false, 2 )
end if

--------------------- Usage - f[1] = text, f[0] = roFont String ---------------------
f = obj.font
itm.Push( { Text:f[1]
TextAttrs:{Color:"#A0000000", Font:f[0], HAlign:"Left", VAlign:"Middle", TextDirection:"LeftToRight"}
TargetRect:{x:xa+1,y:ya+1,w:W-55,h:H}} )

The XR and YR calls are because all my screens are SD and extrapolated to HD

I don't know if you noticed but there isn't a Mini or Big font size ! I defined them.
m.Mini_Font = reg.Get( font, x[0], false, false ) ' x[0] is variable depending on SD HD and external font
m.Mini_Font_Bold = Bold_Font( m.Mini_Font ) ' Bold_Font Is a subroutine to set the weight to 75

itm.Push( { Text:str
TextAttrs:{Color:"#FFFFFFFF", Font:m.Mini_Font_Bold, HAlign:"Left", VAlign:"Middle", TextDirection:"LeftToRight"}
TargetRect:{x:40,y:ya,w:m.X_Size,h:60}} )

0 Kudos