Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaurachit
Channel Surfer

Exit from app with confirmation

I want to show a confirmation dialog box for exit from app. If user press "yes I want to exit" only then it should exit. 
My application flow is:
It has one sceneNode having different groups as components. I am showing and hiding then with the help of visibility.
Now when I come to the very first component then with the help of keyEvent I can check the back button pressed and I am showing a dialog with confirmation Now when user press "Yes" then What will be the best way to close/exit the application. I am able to get this by hitting a post request as follows:
"http://localhost:8060/keypress/Home". 

I tried many other things but failed to exit from app. Please suggest a better way if any.

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
gaurachit
Channel Surfer

Re: Exit from app with confirmation

I didn't get any reply for my question above. I think this is a common requirement. 
If anyone encountered this kind of problem please response here.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

I simply RETURN out of my Main() Function, but it might work differently with scene graph.
0 Kudos
rymawby
Binge Watcher

Komag is correct with SceneGraph apps you have to exit out of your Main() function. I like to do this by using your main port as a handler. I've explained how to do this fully here along with source code/app. Hope this helps.