Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while playing a video on default video player

Hi all,

I am getting an undefined error while playing video in a player.
error says- 

errorMsg---> An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.
errorCode---> -3
errorStr---> exception:HTTP server returned error code:extra:etype:buffer

I am unable to get the reason for this bug and unfortunately I have not found any solution for this issue
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Error while playing a video on default video player

@Vivek_Fusioni

Thanks for the post.

Are you trying to play content on the Roku Media Player? If you play another video, are you experiencing the same issue? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gearheads
Channel Surfer

I am getting a similar error in our app. This just recently started happening, we have not changed our app code in several years.

In our case, I am seeing the error when trying to play an HLS stream with ads stitched in from Amazon MediaTailor. I can play the same video without stitching ads and everything plays correctly.

This is the error description we are seeing.

video player state: error

error code: -3
error msg: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.
error str: exception:HTTP server returned error code:extra:etype:buffer
error info: <Component: roAssociativeArray> =
{
category: "mediaplayer"
clipid: 63
dbgmsg: "exception:HTTP server returned error code:extra:etype:buffer"
drmerrcode: 0
errcode: 0
ignored: false
source: "buffer:search:"
}
chadicus

We have been struggling with an issue the seems that same. Any progress in determining the problem? In our case, the error occurs after the first ad group completes and playback should return to the main video content. We get the same error. The state switches to buffering and then this error occurs immediately afterward. 

0 Kudos