Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohitchauhan
Visitor

Error: roNDK is not permitted when running sample application

Hi,

We are new to development on Roku. First we tried to build sample application for Roku devices:

On Roku Express  3900X , we tried Roku NDK sample application “simple_avplayer_es”:
1.     Building for Roku2, the application stops at initial screen. No video is played. 
2.     Bulding for Roku4, the application stops at initial screen. No video is played.

it gives the following error: 
BRIGHTSCRIPT: Error: roNDK: roNDK is not permitted: /pkg/source/main.brs

What is wrong? Or what did i miss?

On Another device (Roku 2450x), the result of trying to run the same sample application is:
1.     Building for Roku2, the application is launched and plays the video successfully. 
2.     Bulding for Roku4, the application gives error for missing shared libs: libfdirectfb, libdirect and libfusion. 

The NDK version is 7.2

Regards.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
tim_beynart
Channel Surfer

Re: Error: roNDK is not permitted when running sample application

I'm curious, where did you get the NDK? Because it is (was) only available to partners. Hmmmm.
0 Kudos
rymawby
Binge Watcher

My thoughts as well - I’d be very interested to have a look at the NDK if it is available!
0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

You talked about fight club!!!?

The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club
0 Kudos