Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mitchstein
Roku Guru

Re: Enabling Your Channel for Video Ads

"Wanda" wrote:
I have enabled advertising on my channel, but the only ads that play are for those viewers in the U.S. The rest of the viewers have ads that don't play. Many of my viewers are in the Spanish-speaking world and many live in Quebec.
Does anybody know if there's an advertising company that has ads for other countries?

roku only supports ads in the USA.. according to thier docs..
http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos
Skilovan
Visitor

You can try with Tremor Ads.
0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

I've been trying for over a year to get ads to show on one of my channels and I've done everything by the book.  All I get is the in-house ads from Roku which makes me look like a rookie.  If the channel is side-loaded from home I get random ads, but never after publishing.  I've contacted Roku many times about this and have gotten nothing but the typical run-around.  I'm seeing brand new channels showing up now with only 4 or 5 old classic movies on them but their ads are working, while my channel has thousands of subscribers.  They're eating my lunch on the live streaming and 3-hour talk shows.  I don't know how much longer I can take this, with up to 3 weeks to get a new update published to see if the new ad code works, which it never does.  They're REALLY making it difficult to run an ad-based channel if you ask me.  One doc says that the Neilson stuff isn't required while other docs say it is.  So I did all that.  Then I hear some people in the forums say that Roku will approach you about it or turn magically turn on a switch one day if they want to or not.  REALLY?  Then how are these new channels getting their ads to show on the first day they're published?
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

"cocotower" wrote:
I've been trying for over a year to get ads to show on one of my channels and I've done everything by the book.  All I get is the in-house ads from Roku which makes me look like a rookie.  If the channel is side-loaded from home I get random ads, but never after publishing...

the fact that you were seeing test ads (that's all these were) means that technically your app was set up for displaying ads. Such ads still showing on published apps was casing great confusion and so in August the practice was terminated.

The organizational part was missing though - Roku's ads department must approve channel as ads display supplier and start sending ads to it. This is a part i cannot help you with and recommend contacting partnerSuccess at roku.com for the terms and requirements. Alternatively, you can bring your own ad feed to the app through other sources.
0 Kudos
coskel
Roku Guru

Does the Roku ad code provided in Direct Publisher support Google SDK or IMA adapter?
Channels: Go Live Sports Cast/Audion - Audiobooks On Demand
"All I've had today is, like, six gummy bears and some scotch."
0 Kudos
KimW6
Streaming Star

Yup... you can bet that ROKU will endlessly loop the commercials over and over and over and over until you begin to HATE the advertisement and swear NEVER to buy the product.

0 Kudos