Eclipse plugin isn't _that_ bad; but there's a few pain points.
1. No means to navigate to Code behind file
2. Can't navigate to components/fields or methods
3. Intellisense, let's face it, is anything but
4. Why can't we set a breakpoint? Could it not just put a STOP in the code, and calculate line offsets?
5. No code formatting for brs files
Am I imagining this, or are those features available? If not, I'll likely add a further eclipse plugin that adds some of these features (like I did back in the flex2 days, when some of these were missing). If they made the plugin code open source, this would be trivial (2-3 hours work); but it's likely gonna take me a weekend to get the level of comfort I expect, as a professional, in 2018.
Roku developers slack group (https://join.slack.com/t/rokudevelopers/shared_invite/zt-4vw7rg6v-NH46oY7hTktpRIBM_zGvwA) : georgejecook
Contact me on roku developer slack group, or via pm to discuss consultancy/work opportunities/rooibos unit testing framework