Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malloys
Visitor

Re: Eclipse plugin for Brightscript

"ryanxwalton" wrote:
I'm using xbuntu, and it keeps saying that I'm missing this and that, so I can't use your plugin. So much for me delving into Roku channel development. I'll have to find another hobby to take up my time.

The only dependency I'm aware of (other than the standard eclipse base packages) is the DLTK tooklit plugin.
Information on how to obtain and install DLTK is here: http://www.eclipse.org/dltk/install.php
0 Kudos
dbrake
Visitor

I tried the plugin but when I install it I get:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: Advanced BrightScript Support 1.0.0.201010281820 (com.domhain.brightscript.plugin.feature.group 1.0.0.201010281820)
Missing requirement: Advanced BrightScript Support 1.0.0.201010281820 (com.domhain.brightscript.plugin.feature.group 1.0.0.201010281820) requires 'org.eclipse.dltk.debug.ui 2.0.0' but it could not be found

I'm using Eclipse SDK Version: 3.5.2
0 Kudos
dbrake
Visitor

I found my problem. I first installed DLTK and got BrightScript tools installed.

When I try to create a BrightScript project I get an exception and found the following:
The BrightScript plugin's beta period has expired.
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

FYI -

I've posted a new beta version of the BrightScript plugin for Eclipse (advanced version updated only - the basic version has not changed).
The update site is still: http://www.domhain.com/eclipse/updates .
I've set the beta period for this version to expire on 4/1/2011, so this should take care of the recent posts regarding the plugin not working.

So far, this version has only been tested on Windows 7, Eclipse for Java versions 3.5.2 and 3.6 SR1

As usual, the standard Eclipse software install and update feature are the recommended upgrade and install methods ( Menu: "Help->check for updates" for those of you who had already installed a previous version of the plugin, or "Help->Install New Software" etc., for those of you new to the plugin), using the update site URL as shown above.

This new version only contains bugfixes to reported issues contained within the BrightScript core language parser, and so I will not post new release notes here -
Please carefully read earlier release announcement posts in this thread for details on the current feature set, known limitations, and known bugs (other than core language parsing), with the addition of...

Additional known issues from prior releases not yet fixed and not reported in prior release notes:

1) Requires Java 6 (I will attempt to remove that dependency in the next beta release and go to Java 5 as the baseline dependency if possible).
2) Incorrectly reports multi-dimensioned arrays as a syntax error (again, will be fixed in next beta).

Cheers
0 Kudos
ricecracker
Visitor

I'm not an Eclipse expert but I thought I'd try out your plug-in. Got it installed OK but I'm getting this error when trying to create a new project:

The selected wizard could not be started.
Plug-in com.domhain.brightscript.plugin was unable to load class com.domhain.brightscript.plugin.wizards.newproject.BrightScriptProjectWizard.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.domhain.brightscript.plugin (287).

I did a clean install of 3.6.1 (Eclipse IDE for Java Developers) on Win 7.
0 Kudos
ricecracker
Visitor

It seems like the beta switch is still causing some problems. I tried importing some projects after adding <nature>com.domhain.brightscript.plugin.nature</nature> to my .project files. I got the error below when trying to open a .brs file in one of my projects. Note that near the bottom it says:
"Caused by: java.lang.Exception: The BrightScript plugin's beta period has expired."

org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.domhain.brightscript.plugin (287).
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:121)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:453)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:393)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:469)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:338)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:232)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1197)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:904)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
at org.eclipse.dltk.core.SimplePriorityClassDLTKExtensionManager.createObject(SimplePriorityClassDLTKExtensionManager.java:43)
at org.eclipse.dltk.core.SimplePriorityClassDLTKExtensionManager.getInitObject(SimplePriorityClassDLTKExtensionManager.java:29)
at org.eclipse.dltk.core.SimplePriorityClassDLTKExtensionManager.getObject(SimplePriorityClassDLTKExtensionManager.java:19)
at org.eclipse.dltk.core.PriorityClassDLTKExtensionManager.getObject(PriorityClassDLTKExtensionManager.java:43)
at org.eclipse.dltk.core.DLTKLanguageManager.findToolkit(DLTKLanguageManager.java:134)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.ScriptProject.<init>(ScriptProject.java:116)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.Model.getScriptProject(Model.java:148)
at org.eclipse.dltk.core.DLTKCore.create(DLTKCore.java:581)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.DeltaProcessor.checkProjectsBeingAddedOrRemoved(DeltaProcessor.java:431)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.DeltaProcessor.checkProjectsBeingAddedOrRemoved(DeltaProcessor.java:583)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.DeltaProcessor.resourceChanged(DeltaProcessor.java:1986)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.DeltaProcessingState.resourceChanged(DeltaProcessingState.java:555)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager$2.run(NotificationManager.java:291)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.notify(NotificationManager.java:285)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.broadcastChanges(NotificationManager.java:149)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.broadcastPostChange(Workspace.java:327)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.endOperation(Workspace.java:1181)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:45)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in com.domhain.brightscript.plugin.BrightScriptPlugin.start() of bundle com.domhain.brightscript.plugin.
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:806)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:755)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:370)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:284)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:417)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:265)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:106)
... 35 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: The BrightScript plugin's beta period has expired.
at com.domhain.brightscript.plugin.BrightScriptPlugin.start(BrightScriptPlugin.java:48)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:783)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:774)
... 41 more
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"ricecracker" wrote:
It seems like the beta switch is still causing some problems. I tried importing some projects after adding <nature>com.domhain.brightscript.plugin.nature</nature> to my .project files. I got the error below when trying to open a .brs file in one of my projects. Note that near the bottom it says:
"Caused by: java.lang.Exception: The BrightScript plugin's beta period has expired."

In Eclipse, do: Help->About Eclipse->Installation Details, and look at the Advanced BrightScript Support version string.
The last part of the version string is the date stamp of the installed plugin... what does yours read?
0 Kudos
dbrake
Visitor

"malloys" wrote:
"ricecracker" wrote:

In Eclipse, do: Help->About Eclipse->Installation Details, and look at the Advanced BrightScript Support version string.
The last part of the version string is the date stamp of the installed plugin... what does yours read?

I have a similar problem. The date stamp is: 201010201820
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

I have a similar problem. The date stamp is: 201010201820

That's the old date stamp, so you still have the previous version of the plugin installed.
In other words, you haven't updated to the latest version of the plugin yet.
I suspect that ricecracker also has not updated.

Be sure you have the plugin update site (http://www.domhain.com/eclipse/updates) in your list of Available Software Sites, and that it's checkbox is checked.
Then perform a Check for Updates.
0 Kudos
ioan
Roku Guru

The selected wizard could not be started.
Plug-in com.domhain.brightscript.plugin was unable to load class com.domhain.brightscript.plugin.wizards.newproject.BrightScriptProjectWizard.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.domhain.brightscript.plugin (302).

That's what I get when I try to create a new project.
https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
0 Kudos