Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Re: Eclipse plugin for Brightscript

PM'ed you, deleted Eclipse and re-installed including new workspace, re installed with advanced, no improvement. Are you certain your plugin works with Tiger/Carbon32?

I'm PMin'g you the printout from the configuration window also.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

oh well, exceeds maximum message size limit, if you have an email address I can send to, pm me and I'll email it to you.
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
Hexamon

Just installed the update. Looks fine. There's one minor issue with the "Content Assist" feature. You need to press "Ctrl+Space" before entering any letters. If you enter a few letters and then press them, it will start searching for the keywords using the letters entered after Ctrl+Space. For example:

Works:
1. Press Ctrl+Space
2. Enter: "creat"
3. Found "CreateObject" and "CreateDirectory"

Does not work:
1. Enter: "creat"
2. Press Ctrl+Space
3. Found "app..."
4. Enter "p", now it is found the keywords starting with "p"
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"Hexamon" wrote:
Just installed the update. Looks fine. There's one minor issue with the "Content Assist" feature. You need to press "Ctrl+Space" before entering any letters. If you enter a few letters and then press them, it will start searching for the keywords using the letters entered after Ctrl+Space. For example:

Works:
1. Press Ctrl+Space
2. Enter: "creat"
3. Found "CreateObject" and "CreateDirectory"

Does not work:
1. Enter: "creat"
2. Press Ctrl+Space
3. Found "app..."
4. Enter "p", now it is found the keywords starting with "p"

Good catch and thanks for the heads up.
I'll look into it.

Cheers
0 Kudos
tboneus
Visitor

I have the same issue with the eclipse plugin. It is not showing up and therefore I cannot associate the brs file extension with it.

The version I have been using is
Version: 3.6.1
Build id: M20100909-0800

Running on a Mac Lepoard OSX ( is this a Mac only issue - maybe?)
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"tboneus" wrote:
I have the same issue with the eclipse plugin. It is not showing up and therefore I cannot associate the brs file extension with it.

The version I have been using is
Version: 3.6.1
Build id: M20100909-0800

Running on a Mac Lepoard OSX ( is this a Mac only issue - maybe?)

I'd be happy to look into it, but I don't own a Mac, so it requires a bit of assistance on your part:

Please open up the Error Log view and look for any stacktrace (i.e. double-click each error in the table to see the associated stacktrace) that has "com.domhain" or "org.eclipse.dltk" in it.
Take screenshots of those stacktraces that match and PM them to me please.

Cheers
0 Kudos
Hexamon

I am running on Windows. don't know if it matters.
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"Hexamon" wrote:
I am running on Windows. don't know if it matters.

Yeah, it appears to work as expected on Windows installations.

However, there are now two known instances of Mac users that can't see any of the plugin's features, which leads me to suspect there's a platform dependency/bug in one of the plugin's dependencies -
i.e. another plugin or core eclipse code (I've verified my plugin code itself does not have any platform-specific assumptions). My guess is that the problem is in the DLTK tookit plugins which I rely on, but I can't begin to debug it until someone with a Mac sends me the associated stacktraces in the error view/log.
0 Kudos
tboneus
Visitor

I will forward you a copy of the error log this evening from the Mac version.

Just for completeness as I have bootcamp on the Mac I loaded the plugin onto the Windows partition and it worked great.
0 Kudos
tboneus
Visitor

Ok, just ran Eclipse again and there is nothing under "com.domhain" or "org.eclipse.dltk" showing an error. The only errors are for key binding conflicts and some proxy errors for the main eclipse update download location.
0 Kudos