Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

EPG Grid content issues

Jump to solution

So, I have an issue with populating the content of the TimeGrid, no matter what I do I'm greeted with `No Data Available` message for programs when the TimeGrid component is displayed. I've gone through TimeGrid documentation multiple times, and checked data I'm passing to TimeGrid multiple times as well, and in the end, only the channels are detected, but not their programs. 

I'm trying to configure a simple EPG grid with 5 channels, each with two programs (for now). I've configured content node as per docs, with one root content node, with children content nodes as channels, with each channel having programs as children content nodes, sorted by start time. Start times and end times of the programs are aligned correctly, and contentStartTime and leftEdgeTargetTime are set to one hour before the actual program start, to account for programs already in progress. 

Am I missing something? Is there any implementation gotchas that I should be aware of?

Also, is there any other example other than SGDEX TimeGridView? It's overly complex, and we're not using SGDEX in our app.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: EPG Grid content issues

Jump to solution

So, I've figured it out with the folks at RokuDev Slack. I've been manually setting PLAYDURATION,
PLAYSTART, and TITLE to a content nodes used for programs, and that rendering of the program nodes was silently failing because of that... When I've removed those fields, programs were displayed without issues.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: EPG Grid content issues

Jump to solution

So, I've figured it out with the folks at RokuDev Slack. I've been manually setting PLAYDURATION,
PLAYSTART, and TITLE to a content nodes used for programs, and that rendering of the program nodes was silently failing because of that... When I've removed those fields, programs were displayed without issues.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos